Hurtwood House Qingdao are now recruiting for highly skilled, passionate and qualified teachers to join one of the most exciting educational projects of our time – namely the education of Chinese nationals in a bilingual, bi-cultural context, as we continue to grow in 2019-2020. This is a tremendous professional opportunity for teachers wishing to bring their cutting-edge classroom practices to the most rapidly developing country in the world.
We are seeking to appoint international primary homeroom teachers to teach alongside our local Chinese teachers. Our children benefit from having two teachers working together, very much as equals, and a third adult supporting learning in their classroom. This means that our teachers experience unparalleled opportunities to plan and prepare the highest quality lessons, and to invest in the personal and pastoral well-being of their students, due to a lighter than typical teaching load.
Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate will:
· Hold a degree from a reputable university
· Hold a teaching qualification, such as a PGCE
· Have 2 or more years of full-time, school-based, teaching experience
. Hold a passport from an English speaking country (due to visa restrictions)
The successful candidate will:
· Have an ability to inspire children with a love of learning
· Demonstrate a sound understanding teaching and learning practices, including using assessment for learning effectively
· Be able to ensure that every child is challenged to achieve their best
· Contribute to the wider life of the school
· Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and a sense of team play
· Relish the challenges and opportunities that come with a position in an international context in China
Experience of working with additional language learners is advantageous for this position, but not essential.
· A salary package ranging from CNY242000-CNY415000 based on experience
· Comprehensive medical insurance
· Annual flights
· School funded housing
· Relocation allowance
· Free tuition for accompanying children
· Excess baggage allowance
To apply for this position please send a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 and your curriculum vitae to Johnson.Mark@elitek12.com.
About our school
Known locally as Qingdao HD Bilingual School, Hurtwood House Qingdao
is affiliated with Hurtwood House UK, in Surrey and owned by the EliteK-12 organisation. Hurtwood House China opened its first school in 2014.
Our mission is to nurture and develop global Chinese citizens, who develop an appreciation for the international context, whilst ensuring they hold onto their cultural heritage. We believe that education creates character and focus on personal development and progress in equal measure to academics.
We follow a Dual Immersion Curriculum; our students receive lessons in both English and Chinese, each teacher teaching the sessions of their home language and the remainder of the curriculum being shared between them and a small number of subject specialist teachers. Our international curriculum is based around the National Curriculum for England, adapted to suit our particular context.
We benefit from exceptional facilities on our campus including:
· A Bilingual library
· Specialist teaching classrooms such as art studios and science laboratories
· A Multi-functional theatre
· Excellent indoor sports areas for tennis, football and basketball
Living in China
Life in China can be an adventure and is certainly not for the faint hearted. Our teachers invariably come across colleagues who have been in China for as long as twenty years, while others will stay for only two or three. However long you choose to stay, China is sure to leave an impression on you – nowhere else in the world can you experience such a wide range of foods or encounter such a rich and vibrant history. At times life in China can be frustrating for international professionals, with local customs and norms influencing day to day life in ways the uninitiated cannot begin to imagine, yet the rewards, convenience and quality of life that come from working in China more than balance this. Life here is certainly different but for those who can adapt to it, it has the opportunity to be so much better!
For an information pack about our school and our vacancy please contact Johnson.Mark@elitek12.com
HD schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks.