The successful candidate will be experienced in the field of international education, enjoy working with students and agents from around the world, be customer orientated, performance driven, enthusiastic and committed with stamina and a positive attitude.
- Student Recruitment & Marketing
- Administering the Marketing Process
- Input to Strategic Thinking and Activity
- Development of Key Commercial Relationships
- Maintenance of Promotional Materials and Corporate Identity
- Representing the Colleges Overseas
- Representing the Colleges Generally
- Communication and Relationships with Receiving Institutions
- Engagement in the Colleges’ Internal Quality Control
- Summer School & Short Course Programme Management
Qualifications and Experience
- Personal qualities: Energy and ambition coupled with personal warmth and approachability
- Educational background & qualifications: Knowledge of education and the ability to command the respect of parents, clients and partners in the university education sector
- Administrative skills and competence: Able to work autonomously, to organise and maintain complex schedules and to sustain a high volume of correspondence and work for DTI and British Council events
- Aptitude: Good commercial instincts and an appreciation of the drivers of a private sector organisation in education
- International marketing experience: Demonstrated ability to relate positively and persuasively to people from a wide variety of cultures
- Personal circumstances: Freedom to travel overseas for up to twelve weeks per year on College business, occasionally at short notice
- Willingness to be involved with helping students in their ongoing life of the College
- A first degree or equivalent and must be able to speak English to native level
- Ability to demonstrate good time-management, problem solving capabilities and organisational skills
- Be flexible and able to keep calm under considerable pressure
- Demonstrate cross cultural awareness and understanding.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Previous managerial experience within a team
- Formal marketing training (e.g. CIM or similar).
- Candidates should have experience of working with teenagers and young adults
- High level IT skills Ability to use spread sheets and maintain websites.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- The ability to write persuasive, coherent copy and an appreciation of layout and design in both textual and web based promotional material.
- An established presence in international EFL and education markets, with well established links with overseas agents.
- Language Teaching experience
- Summer School experience