Start date 1st February 2022
Empowering our students to thrive is at the core of everything we do. “Here, I can be me.” If this quote from one of our students makes you curious about working at our school, you’re in the right place! Amity International School Amsterdam is a family-oriented school, proud of our connections with the wider community and Amity Education Group. We are still growing and are ambitious to be a school at the forefront of impactful teaching and learning.
At Amity International School Amsterdam, we will give you a unique opportunity to grow, learn and develop yourself in an autonomous way. During this internship you will be responsible for the development and execution of both our online and offline communication skills to increase stakeholder communications. You will work in international and dynamic team with colleagues from around the world.
What will you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Develop and implement a communication strategy for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Investigate the current target groups to enhance our communication strategy.
What will you bring to the table?
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Analyse market developments and competitive benchmarks so you can create a content calendar based on data.
- Follow up on our social media accounts and make sure all our platforms are aligned with relevant content.
- Use your creativity to develop advertisements and advertorial content.
- You are pursuing a degree (Bachelors or Masters) in a communication related field (communications, journalism, media, etc.).
- You have great organisational skills (time management is your middle name), and you are familiar with iOS products.
- You know social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram like your back pocket.
- You have good project and time management capabilities.
- You stand out by your pro-active attitude and good communication skills and you are a highly
- Committed team player who is passionate about understanding our stakeholders.
- You are fluent in English (verbal and written), and you ideally know another language too.
- You are flexible and have the ability to work with cross-functional partners developing positive working relationships
- You must be registered as a student during the entire internship period and for students outside EU/EER the internship should be compulsory by your education
What’s in it for you?
We offer you an internship opportunity to learn about the management of educational institutions and to participate in innovative processes. This is your change to positively impact the communications systems within our school and
to gain working experience in an international company, where it is important to be able to work independently and to develop your own ideas.
The internship will preferably start in February 2022 and has a duration of 6-9 months. (Start date can be discussed and it’s even possible to continue during the summertime).
Who are we?
We are young and vibrant school located in Amstelveen. We pride ourselves in supporting and challenging every student to achieve excellence in their development. We place particular emphasis on providing the students with opportunities to develop leadership and collaborative skills, as well as finding ways for them to serve others and contribute to the wider community.
We are a fully international school with students and staff from 39 different countries and we are proud of our diverse and inclusive culture. We welcome new colleagues from different backgrounds and highly encourage people from around the world to apply for this position.
Amity International School Amsterdam is part of the not-for-profit Amity Education Group, home to over 150.000 students worldwide with school campuses across Amsterdam, Dubai, London, Singapore, New York, Delhi, Tashkent and plans to be in every major city of the world.
Required documents in order for us to continue with your application:
- Cover Letter informing your availability and outlining your motivation (show us your creative side)
Please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation of which may be requested at any time. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university.
Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.