Purpose of job:
To contribute to the key objective of the School Improvement Plan by:
- invigilating examinations in a calm, professional manner
- complying with examination board requirements
- preparing all exam areas/materials/resources as required
Responsible for: Invigilation / Preparation of examinations
Hours of working are flexible to match examination times. Main exams are held in early November, towards the end of May and all of June. Additional exams (e.g. mocks) may be held at other times of the year.
A full enhanced disclosure is required and must be kept current by working for Leeds City Academy at least every three months. Opportunities for this will be made available.
It should be noted that public examinations are subject to JCQ scrutiny. Inspections are NEVER announced and inspectors can walk in at any time. Inspectors carry out a rigorous and thorough analysis of all procedures and for this reason it is very important that we abide by all exam regulations.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a calm environment to give the candidates the best possible opportunity to be successful in their exams
- Help organise students at the start and finish of each exam
- Ensure that the conduct of the exam takes place within the guidelines set down by JCQ (relevant documents will be supplied)
- Provide the correct information and material for successful completion of the exam
- Whilst not disrupting the candidates it is important to be vigilant, particularly regarding requests for additional paper, toilet breaks
- If invigilators suspect malpractice is taking place they should refer the matter to the Exams Manager
Leeds City Academy – Aspire Together - Achieve Together
Leeds City Academy is an 11-16 school situated in the vibrant heart of Leeds. We are a smaller academy, enabling our staff to nurture the talent and realise the potential of each and every student. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds City Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within the next three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provide expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
To apply visit http://www.leedscityacademy.org.uk/The-Academy/Vacancies/ and download an application form. Completed applications should be returned to email@example.com
Should you wish to visit our Academy please contact Mrs Yvonne Hare at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to arrange a tour at your convenience.
Visitors are welcomed and strongly encouraged
Closing Date: 2 December 2016 at 12noon
Interviews to be held week commencing 5 December 2016