We are currently recruiting for a number of Exam Invigilators to assist the smooth running of GCSE exams, to work on a temporary/ sessional basis throughout the Summer Exam period May through to July.
Invigilators are required to:
- ensure each exam is carried out according to the rules set out by the examinations board
- allow each candidate to sit the exam in the same conditions as all other candidates throughout the country.
Please note: You may be asked to distribute examinations papers, extra paper and additional stationary to candidates both before and during the examination.
The invigilating shifts will vary being either am, pm or all day depending on your availability and the exam timetable.
The work will be based within one of our Sheffield Schools and due to the nature of the role the shifts can begin as early as 8.00am, therefore reliability and excellent time keeping are essential.
Pay rate will be £8.41 per hour.
As a School Exam Invigilator, your duties will involve:
• Preparing the rooms
• Distribution of scripts
• Supervision of students during examinations
• Ensure that the candidates behave appropriately during their time in the examination hall
• Ensure that candidates do not communicate with each other
• Ensure that the candidates do not have unauthorised materials on their desks.
• Accompany a candidate for a temporary period outside of the examination hall
If you feel that you have the right skills and experience for this position, please do not hesitate to contact the Sheffield team on 0114 243 5555.