Academia Management Solutions International (AMSI)Dubai
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Suitable for NQTs: Yes
Teachers play a crucial role in guiding and motivating students and leading them towards success. They engage in the first and foremost interaction with the students in the school and they are in direct contact with them most of the time during the day. The teacher’s job is to assist all students to learn the subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible individuals all in adherence to the mission of the school. As such, they are liable and accountable for providing the quality education that the students need and deserve.
Note: This position may not be open currently, however, the HR department at AMSI continues to accept CVs in case the position becomes available.
The teacher’s responsibilities include:
• Teaching allocated classes along with related planning
• Assessing, monitoring, recording and reporting on the work of students
• Providing advice and guidance to students on issues related to their education
• Promoting and safeguarding the general wellbeing and safety of students
• Collaborating with parents and other staff towards achieving the best interest of the students
• Engaging in continuing professional development
• Engaging in developing the school curriculum
• Collaborating towards maintaining order and discipline in the classroom and the school in general
Below are some but not all requirements for this position
• Organization and time management
• Flexibility and adaptability to different students, staff, parents, and community styles and abilities
• Flexibility to attend infrequent weekend, evening or unusual hours for meetings, professional development or extracurricular activities.
• Walking and standing for extended periods
• Commitment to the academic, physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of students
• Commitment to self-development and continued learning
• Promptness and accuracy with required records and reports
• Excellent knowledge of subject matter
• Knowledge in using technology
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to motivate students and help them realize their maximum potential
• Impeccable moral character and a genuine interest in teaching
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
In order to be considered for this post you must meet the following criteria:
1) Minimum bachelor degree in Islamic Studies, Sharia or similar from an accredited university plus
2) A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. B.Ed, Masters of Education/Teaching, Professional Certificate/Diploma in Teaching or Education or pedagogy) from a recognized and accredited institution.
3) Meeting the TELS UAE teacher certification requirements and obtaining the Competent Teacher Status (CTS) within a year of joining or shorter if specified by the related authority.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applicants but thank you for your interest in this role.
More about Academia Management Solutions International (AMSI)
Type: International Schools & Colleges
Address: Al Barsha, PO Box 35001, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Telephone: +971 4 3417788
AMSI is a collaboration of academicians and educators who bring together a wealth of experience and international expertise. In our alliance we have learnt to value creativity and the active pursuit of excellence.
For over 40 years, AMSI ...