The IT and Data Manager will inform the design, development and implementation of the School’s IT/digital platform. The postholder will support teaching and learning by ensuring an efficient, modern, ‘fit for purpose’ IT infrastructure and will be responsible for maintaining, managing and developing the School’s online infrastructure and Management Information Systems (MIS) ensuring the highest standards of data security and compliance. Developing appropriate policies and sharing knowledge through training and regular communication will be key aspects of this role.
1. Contributing to the development of IT/Digital Learning strategy and policy.
2. Supporting teaching, learning and administration with an efficient, modern and ‘fit for purpose’ IT infrastructure.
3. Database administration.
4. Data security, management and compliance.
5. General IT Administration.
For more details on Professional Responsibilities, please refer to the job descriptions.
- Experience of managing IT and data management in a school setting
- High level of interest in and passion for international school education
- Experience of contributing to policy development, implementation and review
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- An understanding of online learning platforms and school management systems e.g. iSAMS
- Ability to be a good team player with a good understanding of how teamwork contributes to harmonious school life and purposeful school development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines.
Disposition – evidence of
- Commitment to excellence and to significantly contribute to the success of the company
- Personal and intellectual qualities required to work alongside and set an example to others.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Flexibility, drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Approachability and a sense of humour.
If you are keen to be involved in building a brand new school in Tokyo and feel excited by the challenges this brings, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Phoenix House International School is managed and operated by Clarence Education Asia. www.clarenceeducation.asia
Applications are invited through the TES application portal with application form & a letter of application.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th April 2021. Early applications are encouraged.
The interview process will take place during May 2021. Due to COVID-19, in-person school visits may not be possible.
For more details about our school, please visit our website: www.phoenixhouseschool.org
Phoenix House International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Short-listed candidates will undergo background checks, including following-up references with previous employers.
Phoenix House International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 13 years
It is with huge pride that Phoenix House school will formally open in August 2021 in Tokyo and Hokkaido. The school will seek to offer a creative and innovative British style independent school education within the rich international culture of Japan...