Canberra Grammar School has a world-leading and high-performing Computing and Digital Technologies Department, teaching our students modern, relevant, and cutting-edge technologies through both curricular subjects and co-curricular opportunities, such as our well-known Code Cadets group. A key focus of the Department is providing opportunities for our students to engage in exciting and outwards facing projects – engaging with real-world organisations and technologies and building authentic projects. For more information about our activities, visit CODECADETS.COM.
As a teacher, the role-holder is expected to:
- model outstanding teaching practice in and outside the classroom
- be able to teach across a broad age range of the School including for the Australian Curriculum and, where relevant, the Higher School Certificate (experience of teaching the IB is an advantage and willingness to be trained for IB teaching is essential)
- be willing to participate enthusiastically in the School’s pastoral and co-curricular programme
- attend School Chapel services and respect and uphold the School’s Anglican values and ethos, while also respecting people of all backgrounds and faith within the School community
- safeguard and promote the welfare of children
- support the School’s aims and objectives