Merchant Taylors’ School is a large Independent Boys’ School, situated in 286 acres of parkland in Northwood, Middlesex. The School was founded in 1561, is owned by the Merchant Taylors’ Educational Trust and moved to its present site in 1933. There are four distinct boys’ day schools on campus. The Nursery, the Pre-Prep & the Prep cater for 340 boys, while the Senior School has some 900 pupils. The School employs over 140 teachers and 160 Support staff across Merchant Taylors’ School.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To support the provision of effective IT services at Merchant Taylors' School. First/Second line responsibility for all aspects of the day to day management of the School's IT systems.
As a member of the Schools' Non-Teaching staff, the incumbent will be accountable to the Bursar for the proper performance of duties. The incumbent's day to day activities will be supervised by the Technical Services Manager.
SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
To provide IT/AV support in maintaining and developing the school’s desktop/tablet computers, software, AV and related equipment. To provide support and assistance to staff, pupils and visitors where required.
· Provide support to the Technical Services Manager.
· First/Second line responsibility for hardware on School network with outside Contractor support as necessary.
· First/Second line responsibility for software on School network with outside Contractor support as necessary.
· Ensure adequate systems are functioning to provide up-to-date anti-virus protection and daily backup for servers.
· Comprehensive support in all aspects of School-based IT to staff, students and visitors
· First line responsibility for network infrastructure (i.e. cabling, switches and routers).
· In conjunction with the Technical Services Manager, ensure systems are in place to make sure that security and movements of the School's IT assets are adequately controlled.
· Maintain adequate stocks of IT consumables
· Keep up-to-date IT records as required by the Technical Services Manager
· To setup, diagnose and resolve audio-visual equipment faults including interactive white boards and projection systems
· To setup or relocate desktop computers, printers, AV and related equipment
· To install, setup and test Windows and Apple operating systems, software and updates
· To install, setup and test application software
· To install, setup and test new peripherals and device drivers
- Proficient in Window 7/10, Sophos, Desktop Support and MS Office
- Installation, configuring and troubleshooting of network hardware
- Software deployment and troubleshooting
- AV setup and Internet support.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in an IT network and AV support position is desirable
- Experience with CCTV, Interactive White Boards and Telephony is desirable
- Experience with MS Server 2012, Active Directory, Exchange, Prism Deploy and MDT is desirable
- Previous experience within a school environment is desirable
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Team player - essential
- Aspiration to deliver a professional IT/AV environment to the School
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focused approach.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Logical approach to problem solving
For further details and an application form, please visit our website www.mtsn.org.uk/jobs or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Use of personal data is set out in the School's Staff Transparency Notice on the School Website.