IT/Computer Science Teacher (TLR 2B for the right candidate for responsibility)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and well-qualified teacher of IT and Computer Science to join our small, highly successful team based in our purpose-built facility. The successful candidate must be able to teach IT and Computer Science at Key Stages 3. We have many students who select vocational IT at KS4 so experience of teaching IT is essential and computer science desirable. KS5 teaching is available for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will also be;
- Be a highly competent teacher
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for IT which is evident in their day to day teaching
- Have the commitment to be part of an innovative and forward thinking school
- Have a clear vision of how to raise achievements
- Have the ability to turn ideas and opportunities into successful practice
Barnwell School is committed to the development and training of all staff. We can therefore offer you exceptional opportunities to:
- Work and learn in an exciting and creative school environment;
- Work with an experienced, dynamic and committed Teaching and Learning Team
- Undertake further professional study.
Visits to school are encouraged and welcome. Please contact Mrs J Maynard, Head of Faculty (email@example.com) to arrange.
Closing date for applicants: 9am Friday 18th May 2018
Interviews week commencing: 21 May 2018
Barnwell is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Barnwell serves the communities of South Stevenage and the surrounding villages although many students also travel from further afield to Barnwell for their education. The School is unique in the area as it is situated on two campuses allowing the school to be structured as a Middle and Upper School. What we offer is unique in Stevenage and North Hertfordshire. Both the Middle and Upper School are very distinctive and are personalised to the ages of the students they serve but both are underpinned by the same expectations and high standards that originate from Barnwell School’s vision: Achieving Excellence Together Our Vision is to create and deliver outstanding educational experiences for every student at Barnwell School.
We achieve this through:
Achieving Excellent Together
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com