Contract: Full-time and Permanent
Location: St Philips School, Chessington, Surrey, KT9 2HR
St Philip’s is a school for children and young people aged 9 -19 who have additional learning needs and may include Autism. Our pupils and students are valued for who they are as individuals and are supported to achieve their maximum potential. We celebrate academic achievement as well as self-discovery and a sense of personal worth and well-being.
Applications are invited from hard-working, experienced, committed and motivated practitioners from special or mainstream backgrounds. Some experience of Special Educational Needs will be an advantage, but not essential. However, a keen interest in developing your professional knowledge and understanding of young people who have moderate to severe learning difficulties and ASD or other complex needs, is essential!
The school is seeking to appoint a dynamic and innovative Teacher of Functional IT Skills/Computing who is passionate about their subject and has the vision and energy to promote the highest standards of attainment, for young people with learning difficulties, across Key Stage 2 to Key Stage 5. We would accept applications from unqualified teachers who have a degree and are willing to work towards gaining QTS.
The successful candidate will:
• be a consistently Good teacher with potential to be consistently Outstanding;
• have a passion for learning and teaching and be committed to raising standards for all students,
regardless of ability;
• be able to inspire and ensure that all students achieve their full potential;
• be committed to ongoing Professional Development.
In return, we can offer you:
• a positive and optimistic working environment focused on student progress and well-being;
• the resources and facilities to continue to improve students' progress;
• an opportunity to grow in your teaching pedagogy and practice within a strong committed whole school team
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged, please contact the school office on 020 8397 2672 or firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
To apply for the role, please download and complete the application form on our TES website.
Applications close: Midday – Friday 3rd December 2021
Interview: w/c Monday 6th December 2021
Start: February 2022
As part of Orchard Hill College& Academy Trust’s pre-appointment checks, current and past employers will be contacted for short listed candidates Any discrepancies or anomalies, and/or issues from references will be discussed at interview with shortlisted candidates.
St Philip’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to a health check and an enhanced DBS disclosure.