IT Helpdesk Co-ordinator
Salary: Up to £18,866.79 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Sunday 1st March 2020
Interview Date: TBC
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, competent and highly motivated Helpdesk Co-ordinator to join our IT team, on a full time permanent basis. This role will be primarily based at Nelson & Colne College but will required to support multiple college sites in Accrington, Nelson and Brierfield.
The IT Services department manage all the IT estate in the college including all desktops, laptops, tablets, classroom learning technologies, HP switches, WIFI, VMWare virtualised environment, Office365 with ADFS and AzureAD, IIS, SQL Server, SharePoint, Sophos Endpoint and Edge technologies, software deployment, imaging. This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive individual to enrich their experience and take full ownership of the College’s helpdesk service.
Working 37 hours a week; the successful candidate will provide a high quality ‘first point of contact’ reception service for the IT Services department, dealing with phone calls, emails and face-to-face enquiries, ensuring progression of issues towards resolution. This role is suitable for a seasoned IT Helpdesk professional who seeks to provide outstanding customer service, and possesses a wide range of first line skills including Active Directory configuration and update, Office365 administration, WIFI support, application support.
The main duties include:
• To provide a high quality ‘first point of contact’ reception service for the IT Services department, in a fast paced environment, dealing with phone calls, emails and face-to-face enquiries, ensuring progression of issues towards resolution
• To answer internal and external enquiries in a courteous and informative manner, providing excellent customer care at all times
• To perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions, recording events, problems and their resolution in the helpdesk software
• To create, maintain and update documentation appropriately, including the production of statistics and reports
The ideal candidate will have:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject
• Proven working experience in a client-facing team environment with strong communication skills and ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrable experience in offering information, advice and training to customers and team members including the creation of manuals
• Excellent knowledge of common applications, AD and Office365
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.