Through our programme, you will work as an ICT Support Assistant as part of the school support workforce. You will work on-site providing technical support and advice to students and teaching staff.
As Level 3 Apprentice Technician, you will be part of the School ICT Team and provide technical support to students and teaching staff. Day-to-day you will perform routine ICT tasks and contribute to the smooth running of the ICT network.
At the end of your apprenticeship you will of achieve the nationally recognised ITQ qualification, as well as valuable work experience, that will provide you with the best chance possible of being offered a full-time role within the school or any organisation requiring IT support. A newly qualified IT Technician can earn between £18,000 and £22,000 per annum.
Below is a summary of your key roles and responsibilities;
- Provide technical support and advice to students and teaching staff.
- Perform routine ICT tasks
- Manage small projects.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the network by undertaking reasonable tasks as required, including some administrative tasks.
- Support the school's Internet, Email and Virtual Learning Environment.
- Support the day-to-day running of the curriculum/admin network in collaboration with the Network Manager.
- Provide support and maintenance for network hardware and software, including classroom support.
- Provide technical support for curriculum and school events
- Support staff in the use of ICT equipment.
- Report faults to the Network Manager as required.
- Support in-house training as and when required.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Be aware of and comply with the policies and procedures relating to child protection, equality and diversity, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
- Willing and able to complete all learning and assessment requirements of the relevant framework
- Able to establish good working relationships with staff, pupil's parents and outside agencies
- Team player
- Good time management
- Hold GCSE Grade C or above in English and Maths or equivalent
Finchley Catholic High School is a very highly regarded, heavily oversubscribed secondary school with a strong community ethos, enjoying examination results significantly above national averages.
- Level 3 Diploma in It, Software, Web & Telecom Professionals
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Functional Skills (if required)
Contract Type: Advanced level apprenticeship
Application Contact: Kate Wardle
Closing Date: 08.12.2016