The Grange Therapeutic School is a specialist SEMHD provision for boys and an exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our team. Situated in Knossington, our school is based in a Victorian Country House with stunning views and fantastic facilities to develop not only the educational, but also the social and emotional needs of our pupils. With access to woods and lakes on site, the school has an ethos about delivering a personalised curriculum tailored to and driven by the individuals.
We have recently become a licensed Duke of Edinburgh centre and have qualified Forest School’s leaders which allows our pupils to access activities away from the classroom and is aimed at personal development. The school actively promotes outdoor learning and this is supported through a variety of outdoor adventurous activities. We want all of our pupils to succeed and you will be integral in supporting this vision.
The Grange Therapeutic School caters for boys from 8-18 and can have up to 85 pupils split across our Lower School and Upper School. You will be working in our Upper School and delivering ICT across Key Stages 2, 3 and 4. As a school, we are committed to helping the pupils achieve their best possible outcomes. Therefore being able to deliver a variety of awards is key and this role can incorporate media as well as ICT. The subject is a firm favourite with our pupils and you will be awarded the freedom to create a truly unique curriculum and create an exciting learning environment wherein positive reinforcement and reward underpin your everyday practice.
This can be a challenging environment and therefore a determination to stay and resiliency are key characteristics for the post. We are seeking an experienced practitioner with an understanding of ASD, ADHD and MLD, allowing the successful candidate to immediately form positive relationships and adapt to the needs of the pupils. However, in reward for your efforts, the school is committed to CPD and will strive to help you achieve your personal goals. We invest heavily in teacher development and want staff who endeavour to achieve more.
If you are passionate about this truly unique and rewarding sector and have the energy, drive and desire to motivate our pupils and ensure they achieve the best possible outcomes, then we welcome your application.
- Have an understanding and interest in SEMHD
- Able to be perceptive in gauging mood and anxiety levels and be able to adapt your approach accordingly
- Have high standards and expectation of yourself and pupils
- Have a “can do” positive attitude
- Commitment to developing work practices and a willingness to try new ways of working and thinking
- Well developed communication and inter-personal skills – able to adapt style and approach to the needs of the different audiences
- Committed to personal and professional development
- Honest, trustworthy and reliable
- Resilient, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Have a flexible approach and a willingness to contribute to the work of the overall school community
- Interested in the young people and their effective development
- Able to work as part of a team and be self-reliant.
Due to our location you must have a full driving licence and have your own transport.
The closing date for applications is 6pm on Monday 26th June and interviews will take place on Friday 30th June 2017.
The Grange Therapeutic School is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to a fully enhanced DBS and DfE check.