IT Teacher – Part Time
Cambian Spring Hill School
Location: Ripon, North Yorkshire
Salary: £10,350.60 + Cambian Benefits
Contract type: Part time (15 hours per week)
Contract term: Permanent.
Spring Hill has a successful tradition of supporting students between the ages of 8–18 with Autism, Social Emotional, Mental Health and Complex Needs, to gain valuable guidance, life skills, qualifications and confidence to support their journey towards independence. The passionate, dedicated team recognise this is a challenging yet rewarding opportunity and are seeking those who are empathetic, resilient and compassionate to join them in providing the right care and support for our young people to grow and develop as individuals.
Spring Hill is situated in the outskirts of the city of Ripon in the beautiful county of North Yorkshire with easy access to the Yorkshire Dales and seaside towns such as Whitby. The campus covers 30 acres and offers fantastic facilities for learning and leisure. The campus is close to the City Centre and our children and young adults can take advantage of being close to the local community to develop important life and social skills.
In return, our new and improved training programmes will help you develop your professional skills. And you’ll also learn from some of the most dedicated and inspirational people in our profession and, just like our residents, you will be learning all the time through our on-going mentoring and support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To meet the needs of children through the use of effective teaching strategies and lesson structures to deliver the curriculum by:
· To work in tandem with the DSL to promote and safeguard the welfare of students according to school safeguarding policy
· To develop bespoke teaching and learning activities for learners with a variety of learning and complex needs across the age, ability range up to GCSE as required
· To demonstrate good subject knowledge and reference practical learning opportunities wherever possible to support learners’ understanding from theory to context
· To plan and teach well-structured lessons within a sequenced curriculum that meets ISS and other relevant requirements
· To adapt teaching so that it responds to individual strengths and learning needs of individual learners
· To assess attainment and progress regularly and accurately, in line with the school policy and update school and department records as required
· To deploy support staff effectively and ensure they appropriately support learners to access learning activities
· To take responsibility for improving own teaching through appropriate professional development and responding positively to advice and feedback from colleagues
· To communicate effectively with care and clinical teams
· To promote social and emotional development, positive behaviour and to prepare for adulthood
· To hold Qualified Teacher status;
· Experience of working effectively as part of a team;
· Experience of teaching children and/or young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health/Autism and associated difficulties;
· Experience of planning, delivering and assessing learning activities appropriate to individuals’ needs and abilities;
· Experience of working successfully in situations which draw heavily on the ability to deal with difficult pressures and personal challenges.
Fully supported 6-month probationary period- You will receive a mentor and line manager to help you get the best start to your career at Brook View School.
We pride ourselves on being an Equal Opportunities Employer. And we are committed to safeguarding and protecting the young people and service users within our care. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.
If you want to learn from and work with a highly specialist, incredibly proud and integrated team that unlocks the potential of young people who will challenge you, stand up to you, ignore you, then trust you and ultimately move forward because of you, then please talk to us. We’d love to help you move forward too
Cambian Group Plc
Ripon, North Yorkshire
- English secondary schools