Catholic Education in the Diocese of Rockhampton is seeking experienced applicants for the position of IT Technical Support Officer to provide service and support to our schools in the Gladstone Region.
This position provides support to staff of schools in this region and may be required to support schools elsewhere in the Diocese of Rockhampton to ensure the effective and efficient operation of their technology services.
The Technical Support Officer will demonstrate:
- An appropriate knowledge of IT systems in an educational environment.
- Provide diagnosis of problems and repairs to devices as required.
- Assist with the roll out of services and infrastructure within IT projects as directed by the IT Manager or IT Projects Officer.
- Assist with the administration of the systems and services including:
- set up and maintenance of user accounts
- assist with the installation of required software onto the network and devices
- assist with the maintaining a vigilant file security regime
- monitor the currency of updates and patches to systems and application
- assist with installation of printers, scanners and other peripheral devices onto network and devices
- assist with the installation and diagnosis of faults with network equipment and other IT resources
- Test and recommend upgrades to computer equipment as directed.
- Assist with the installation, maintenance and administration of network servers within Catholic Education Diocese of Rockhampton.
- Provide in person and telephone support to schools in the area of Information Technology.
- Use a variety of applications to provide support and maintain applications in the workplace.
For further information and to apply for this position please visit our website: www.rok.catholic.edu.au
Please submit your application to:
Chief information Officer
Ph: 07 4994 8000
Applications close 5pm Wednesday 10th December 2019
Catholic Education is committed to best practice in student protection policies and procedures and is an equal opportunity employer.
Existing not to be different, but to make a difference...