We are looking to appoint a knowledgeable, flexible and enthusiastic ICT Technician to work across the school, helping to expand and enhance the ICT provision within the curriculum and admin networks. Our ideal candidate will have experience of working in an ICT Support role, have an interest in all aspects of ICT and enjoy working in a school environment.
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the job is to provide IT support to staff and students.
The main duties for this post include:
•Providing desktop support to students and staff in a networked Windows 7, 8.1, 10 & Apple environment.
•Installation of software (local and networked) and hardware such as PCs, laptops, printers, audio visual equipment etc.
•Identifying the cause of faults and undertaking basic repairs.
- User administration in Active Directory and other subscribed systems.
- Supporting other networked systems such as the VOIP phone and catering systems.
- Troubleshooting wired and wireless network issues.
- Supporting school assemblies and other presentations with any audio visual requirements
- Keeping the inventory of hardware, software and computer supplies up to date.
- Installing print related toner and other consumables.
- Maintaining stock levels of consumables, and re-ordering as required.
- Liaising with vendors for warranty and other repairs.
- Other IT support related requests.