The College is looking to appoint an IT Technician in the ICT Service Area to support the day to day operation of the College network, providing a reliable working environment for all users. The successful candidate will hold level 2 English and maths qualifications as well as a relevant IT Qualification.
The daily remit of this role will involve:
• Administration of in-house software.
• Desktop support and troubleshooting in Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, and Windows 7 environments.
• Support for deployed printers, photocopiers, scanners and other peripherals across the network.
• Support for company mobile phones or other mobile devices.
• Support for teaching areas, including projectors, smartboards, speakers and all audio visual equipment.
• Support for company telecoms system.
• Responsibility for maintaining a comprehensive asset register.
• Support for security systems linked to the IT network.
• Knowledge of general administration and troubleshooting of Apple operating systems, including IOS device management is advantageous but not essential.
• Monitoring and maintaining appropriate stock control of consumables.
The role involves working 37 hours per week across all main College sites. This post will require a flexible approach and may involve some occasional evening/weekend work.
All applicants who are offered employment will be subject to a record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
CLOSING DATE: 14 January 2018
INTERVIEW DATE: 23 January 2018
Wirral Metropolitan College is an Equal Opportunities Employer and positively welcomes applications from all people regardless of their age, gender, disability, race, religion/belief or sexual orientation.