The Laurus Trust is a growing multi-academy trust in the North West of England.
The vision of the Trust is for everyone regardless of background or circumstance to be inspired, to thrive in all environments, to recognise what it takes to succeed, to set aspirational goals and to work hard to achieve them. In the recent Staff Engagement Survey 97% of our employees stated that they would recommend working for Laurus Trust to their friends.
All our Laurus Schools are hugely oversubscribed and have a reputation, both locally and further afield, for outstanding teaching and learning through the relentless pursuit of excellence and the determination to ensure that every child succeeds. Our founder school Cheadle Hulme High School was judged Outstanding in every single category by Ofsted in 2011 and 2015.
If you want to work in a highly ambitious and successful school, and have the passion and commitment to join us at an exciting time for learning and development as we expand and open new schools in the Trust, then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently seeking a motivated individual to work within the IT Department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional looking to start out their career or develop on their existing skills. As a key member of the IT team, this position will provide technical support and maintenance services for the IT provision across all the schools in the Laurus Trust.
Scale: Scale 3 - £18,795 - £19,171 plus a market supplement of £759 per annum pro rata
Hours: 37 per week
The successful candidate will work as part of a team to maintain the school network in a first line technical support role to end users.
- Work as part of a team to provide technical advice for school staff and support in lessons where appropriate
- Assist teaching staff to set up IT equipment for computing lessons
- Promote safe and responsible use of the internet, including social media, by students and report any instances of inappropriate usage
- To assist in the development and maintenance of the network infrastructure, including cabling, patching and testing of data and telecoms wiring on site
- To assist in the management of user accounts on the Trust’s computer systems, including e-mail systems and their associated network settings
- To assist in carrying out logging and tracking of user activity and in the checking and maintenance of user activity logs
- To assist in the installation, deployment, maintenance and upgrade of software packages as required
- To assist in the auditing of IT equipment at the school and carry out appropriate inventory checking as required
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience in IT orientated jobs or areas
- Technical knowledge of computer hardware
- Experience of installing & maintaining applications such as Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Minimum Maths & English GCSE (A*-C) or equivalent
- Vocational qualification(s) relevant to the post
- Driving licence
In return for your commitment, we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays (pro rata) – increasing with length of service
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- Excellent employee benefits
- Flexible working
- State of the art school facilities and new Trust HQ offices
Please base your evidence on the knowledge and experience on the attached Job Description
Any candidate who has a disability as defined by the Equality Act 2010, is required to inform us, in order to ensure that ‘reasonable adjustments’ can be made.
To apply, complete the application form below by clicking on the ‘Quick Apply’ button (CVs are not accepted).
Closing Date for applications: 9am on 24th February 2020
Interviews to be held: 28th February 2020
The Laurus Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment