Reference Number: SCC161764
Salary: Starting salary £15,025 per annum, a pro-rata amount of £16,953 (Band 8, points 19-23) incremental progression throughout the band is available Contract Type: Permanent/Term Time Only
Hours per Week: 37
We are seeking to recruit an outstanding IT Technician to support learners and staff in practi-cal teaching workshops. You will prepare classroom/workshop activities, ensuring all materials and equipment are prepared in readiness for practical sessions. You will also be instrumental in the launch and running of the new TechBar which will provide a real life working environ-ment where students will refurbish and sell IT equipment as well as provide a range of it ser-vices to staff and students. You should have a good knowledge of PCs, tablets and Microsoft Windows and experience of supporting delivery of IT services. You will have or be working to-wards a level 3 (or above) relevant professional technical qualification and have excellent customer service skills.
To apply for this job, please complete the registration and online application form via our website.
For more information about Salford City College please visit our website and twitter or if you have any queries regarding this va-cancy please email HR@salfordcc.ac.uk
Salford City College is highly ambitious and a leading provider in Greater Manchester. It aims to be outstanding in all aspects of its work.
Reason to Join Us
- Great holiday entitlement, Sixth Form College Association terms and conditions and automatic enrolment into the gener-ous pension scheme
- A wide range of learning & career opportunities
- MyTech, Childcare, cycle to work & other voucher schemes
- Various health & wellbeing benefits (including discounted gym membership)
- We support the Skills for Life agenda and recognise the importance of all adults having functional literacy and numeracy whatever their role. All staff are therefore given the support to gain a level 2 qualification in literacy and / or numeracy if they do not already have one and all teaching staff are expected to promote the basic skills of their learners within their subjects.
- For information on living and working in Salford please visit here
Commitment to Safeguarding As part of our safeguarding commitment we undertake DBS checks as part of our pre-employment procedures on all potential new employees. Appointees will be required to pay for their own DBS checks where applicable to the post.