IT Technician - 36 hours per week, full year contract.
The successful applicant will join an established and friendly team.
The IT Technical Team at St Bede’s, is responsible for maintaining and developing a complex network infrastructure, consisting of
• The server and storage platform hosting in excess of 20 virtual servers, running Microsoft Server 2012 in an Active Directory environment. This system is responsible for managing the 2000 users, and 500 networked windows PCs and laptops.
• The school manages several internet facing servers for a range of purposes. There is a primary internet connection of 300Mbps and a slower backup line. Attached to these is a filtering device which supports the online safeguarding of students alongside classroom management software.
• The wired network infrastructure consisting of HP switches: both server and distribution switches are connected directly to the core switch through fibre and cat5 cable to provide network coverage across all the school buildings.
• The wireless network infrastructure is supported from the wired network and comprises a number of cloud managed Aerohive AP230 access points, to provide site-wide WiFi availability.
• 4 network-managed mac suites, which run Adobe Creative Cloud software, together with LogicPro and native macOS software, necessary for delivering the Creative Arts and Music Technology curriculum
• 10 Chromebook Trolleys each containing 32 chromebooks, which form the backbone of our curriculum provision through the use of Google G Suite. All staff and students have G suite accounts used for communication, collaboration, work management and access to educational resources.
• Print services are provided via a suite of Toshiba MFPs, controlled by Papercut, print management software.
• The IT technical team take an active role in supporting school staff and students in all areas of learning, teaching and administration.
Why work for us?
St Bede's is a good place to work. Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'.
Staff are valued and benefit from CPD opportunities will help them to develop skills.
There are good on-site catering facilities. Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities.
Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join our senior choir and instrumental groups.
We have a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre.
The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. We are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. We also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside . Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
We welcome visits prior to application (but appreciate that it is not possible for everyone to do so). If you would like to arrange a visit please email firstname.lastname@example.org