IT Support Technician
Full Time 37 hours per week 8.00 am – 4.30 pm Monday to Thursday
8.00 am – 4.00 pm Friday
Salary range: LGS Level 4 Point 13 – 18 £17,391 - £18,070 pa
A great opportunity has opened up for an IT Support Technician to provide onsite IT support to staff and students in this large secondary school and Sixth Form College.
The IT Support Technician will be part of a core team delivering a full IT Managed Service (Windows Server OS 2008, 2012 & 2016, Windows Desktop OS 7 & 10, Hyper-V, SIMS, Cashless Catering, Data & Voice networks, A/V Classroom equipment, Printing, etc.).
You’ll be based at one site, but may need to travel on occasion, working as part of a small team and gaining experience from the established members as you respond to incidents and issues logged by the users. If you are passionate about IT, enjoy solving problems, have strong communication skills and thrive on working in a busy, but pleasant environment, this is a great opportunity for you.
- Experience of maintaining and supporting networks
- Experience with the majority of the following - Windows 7, 10, 2008, 2012 & 2016, AD Management, GPO creation, MS Exchange Management, Outlook, Skype for Business, MS Office, SIMS, Data & Voice networks, Mobile Device Management & iPads and Internet access/security.
- Experience in Installing and Maintaining AV Equipment, Projectors, Sound Systems, Interactive Whiteboards.
- Strong problem solving abilities and excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Sound planning, organising and prioritising abilities. Flexible to cope with change, be proactive and adapt quickly to the requirements of continued service delivery
· Experienced of IT support within a team preferably within education
· Able to carry out routine IT maintenance, administration and attend callouts
· Able to use and develop specialist IT knowledge and skills to contribute to students’ learning
· Able to prepare IT resources to support learning activities
Closing date for this post: Friday 4 January 2019
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early upon successful appointment.
For further information and a job description please contact Mrs Sue Callaghan on 01702 354441 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chase High School is committed to safer recruitment so all applicants must be prepared to undergo screening to confirm their suitability to work with children.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Chase High School is an academy that forms part of the Brentwood Academies Trust in partnership with St Martins, Brentwood.