Full time, 52 weeks a year
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative IT Technician to join our IT school support team at Royal Wootton Bassett Academy. This role is ideal for a Level 2 qualified IT specialist , who has excellent time management and a great eye for detail.
Why Choose us?
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is part of the Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust , based in Swindon. It is oversubscribed, very successful, reflective and incredibly proud 11-18 school with 1,761 students on roll including 365 students in our popular and successful Sixth Form.
Royal Wootton Bassett Academy is committed to developing ' A growth mindset' and we would welcome an application from fellow professionals who share that mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in an outstanding school, in December 2010 the school was awarded "Outstanding " in every area.
- A great placed accessible school, situated in a pleasant location with Bath, Bristol, Cheltenham and the Cotswolds all within commuting distance.
- To work with a dedicated team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
- On site parking.
- Pension Scheme.
- Fantastic benefit scheme with discounts on food and clothes retailers, to holidays and cinema, online fitness and recipes from Hello Fresh.
- To provide a 2nd in line ICT Support Service to academic, administrative and support staff as well as students.
- Handle frontline queries received Face to Face, by email and demonstrating excellent customer service at all times.
- To provide a 1st in line ICT Support service as required, ensuring the provision us delivered in line with agreed service standards.
- Undertake projects as directed, introducing or updating new ICT services as required by the business needs of the organisation.
- To deploy, test and support software to the school's computers as and when required.
The right candidate will be:
- Highly adaptable- as will receive various levels of service requests.
- A problem- solver, and highly organised at all times.
- Supportive, both to the role and to all staff.
- Will hold GCSE's in Core subjects and a minimum Level 2 Qualification in IT Support or related subject.
Please note only completed application forms will be accepted.
Please note the closing date is Midnight Sunday 12 December 2021.
Please note: Any position that involves working with children requires declaration of ALL convictions/cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as spent and a DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences. References will be obtained before interview at shortlisting stage and may be used in the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children then at least one referee must be from this employment regardless of whether this is the current or most recent employment Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
The ethos of the School is based on mutual respect, support and encouragement to bring out the best in people. We recognise that the quality of learning, teaching and behaviour are inseparable issues and that the vast majority of our pupils act in a ...