Smart Teachers is recruiting for an Italian Teacher at our Independent client school located in Lower North Shore suburb of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. This school boasts strong community ties, excellent academic results, and modern facilities.
About the Role:
- Italian Teacher
- Ability to French is also desirable
- Located in Sydney Lower North Shore
- Teaching Years 7-12 Italian
- Job Reference: #TES1711-522756AT
- Full time contract for Term 1, 2017 (January 2017 to April 2017)
About the School:
- K-12 School. The junior and senior schools are situated on the same campus, sharing many of the school's excellent facilities.
- School aims to liberate, empower and motivate students to use their individual gifts with confidence, creativity and generosity in loving and responsible service
- In pursuit of a balanced and holistic education our students are engaged in a vast array of extracurricular activities such as Sport, Duke of Edinburgh, Music, Debating and Public Speaking.
- School constantly striving to provide students and teachers with a rich variety of opportunities to embrace ICT both as a tool for learning and also a field of enquiry in its own right. Our 7–12 ‘Bring Your Own Designated Device’ (BYODD), and K–6 iPad programs ensure a personalised approach to the use of ICT.
About the Location:
Our client school is located in the Lower North Shore suburb of Sydney and 5 kilometres (3 miles) from Sydney Central Business District. The region is home to hundreds of parks and reserves, including Sydney Harbour National Park and the Lane Cove National Park. Local sportsgrounds include North Sydney Oval, the region's largest in capacity, followed by Chatswood Oval and Christie Park. A highly sought-after area, the Lower North Shore is home to professionals and families who love being within arm’s reach of the CBD and some of Sydney’s top-rated schools. With an enviable dining and café scene, rugged coastlines, foreshore parklands and meandering hillside streets lined with beautiful Federation homes, contemporary mansions and Art Deco buildings. It can be easily accessible via car, ferry, bus and train.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Previous experience teaching Italian across Years 7-12 will be highly regarded
- Ability to teach French also will be desirable
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the New South Wales Education Standards Authority
- Be registered or be eligible for the New South Wales Working With Children Check registration
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate professional reference details
The Benefits of Working with Smart Teachers:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1711-522756AT.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport.
Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and Conditions Apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.