As the Harris ITE provision grows, we are looking to hire a dynamic, efficient, organised Initial Teacher Education Administrator to join us. You will liaise with the Outstanding ITE team and ensure the provision is compliant with statutory guidance in all areas of Initial Teacher Education administration.
The role will also involve liaison and communication with trainees, Principals, Senior Leaders responsible for ITE, School Direct stakeholders and external agencies.
The Outstanding Harris Federation Initial Teacher Education provision offers initial teacher training to graduates and career changers looking to join the teaching profession through our Harris Initial Teacher Education programme, encompassing School Direct training courses, Future Teaching Scholars, our NQT programme and Assessment Only routes. It offers a strong support network and exciting environment in which to train, combining the best elements from a range of training routes to ensure that beginner teachers leave the course feeling supported, confident and well-prepared.
Reporting to the Head of ITE, you will be responsible for the day-to-day administration of the School Direct process for all trainees, School Direct students, NQTs and trainee alumni including:
- Training and conference organisation, administration and communication
- Record-keeping for trainees, host Academies, mentors and potential applicants
- Liaising with all stakeholders and all external parties including university links, UCAS, NCTL and Ofsted, to support Harris trainees in working towards and being awarded QTS/PGCE
- Implementing School Direct ITE Policy and process in line with DfE and NCTL requirements
- HR processes for inducting and support training teachers
- Liaising with the Federation and stakeholders as required
- Managing training room bookings, NCTL allocations and applicant administration and numbers.
We are looking for someone to join our team as soon as possible and will interview as and when applications are received, so you are encouraged to submit your application as early as possible.
The position will be based at either our Harris Westminster or Harris Bermondsey site. Expenses for work travel and academy visits will be covered.
Please download the Candidate Information Pack via the apply link, or for a confidential discussion with Rachael Hare, Head of ITE, please call 0208 253 7758.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.