Due to our successful expanding provision, we are looking to appoint a qualified primary teacher as an additional part or full-time Primary Professional Tutor, who will join our expert team and support the delivery, development and quality assurance of the Primary Phase of the School Direct programme and other strands of ITE within the Harris Federation.
Harris Initial Teacher Education, rated Outstanding by Ofsted in December 2016, offers first-class initial teacher training to graduates and career changers looking to join the teaching profession through our range of exciting teacher training programmes. The teacher training provision is led by an outstanding team of specialists from our training hub based at Harris Bermondsey, in the heart of the city.
Our Federation is comprised of 44 primary and secondary schools all located in and around London, and the provision includes School Direct fee-funded and salaried routes, an exciting Future Teaching Scholars programme and Assessment Only provision, so offers exciting opportunities to colleagues who are passionate about being a part of outstanding initial teacher education and early career development.
This is an exciting and rewarding role, helping to shape the next generation of teachers joining our profession and would best suit a candidate with experience of supporting beginner teachers and mentors, who is an outstanding current teacher or school leader and who would be confident working across a range of settings.
You must hold QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree to be considered for this role.
Key responsibilities of the role will be:
- To manage the successful operation of training and quality assurance for the Primary ITE programmes.
- To further develop the Primary ITE programme with the Head of ITE and Primary Phase Lead so that it meets the needs of staff working in all primary contexts.
- To deliver high quality Primary teacher training for new entrants to the profession.
- To support the ongoing leadership of our outstanding ITE programme.
- To liaise with subject/phase specialists regarding subject-specific training days and support.
- To support trainees and mentors in school through visits to partner academies, identifying support needs and ensuring trainee progress.
- To liaise with Federation and academy staff in order to develop key elements of the Primary ITE offer.
The position will be based at our Harris Bermondsey ITE training hub site. Weekly teacher training will be held at Westminster and the role will involve travel amongst the Harris Academies, working closely with our exceptional ITE team.
We will review applications as and when they are received, with rolling interview dates.
For a confidential discussion with Rachael Hare, Head of ITE, about this post, please call 0208 253 7758. Alternatively, if you have any questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.harristraintoteach.com/ to find out more about us.
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.