We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated teacher to join our school community. This is a full time, fixed term position teaching Junior English, Media and Drama from May 2020 to June 2021.
In this role, you will be expected to:
• Support the liturgical and prayer life of the school,
• Create a nurturing and ordered learning environment which is learner centred, supportive, cooperative and aligned with relevant curriculum policies, documents and practices,
• Collaboratively develop and implement quality curriculum programs and appropriate pedagogy,
• Proactively engage with professional renewal practices to enhance student outcomes, and
• Work with the leadership team, teachers and other staff members in contributing to the professional life of the school.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• A clear understanding of the Australian Curriculum,
• An ability to work in partnership with colleagues, students and parents/carers,
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills,
• Proven organisational skills,
• Attend in detail to innovative and creative practices,
• An ability to identify and cater for different learning styles, and
• Competent at integrating digital technology into a contemporary learning environment.
For more detailed information regarding the requirements of this position, please see the Teacher role description.
Applicants are required to address these points in the “letter of application” section of the online application form.
Mt Maria College, North Brisbane’s first Catholic Co-Educational College, was established in 1978. As a member of Marist Schools Australia, our educational philosophy is based on the teachings of St Marcellin Champagnat, the founder of the Marist Order. The College has developed significantly in recent years having expanded its facilities to provide excellent education opportunities for Year 7-12 students. Currently, 1020 students are part of our Mt Maria family with a high demand for future enrolments. The College provides the opportunities for all its students to develop to their full potential, ready to be positive and justice centered contributors to society.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing 18th May 2020
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 18th May 2020 - 25th June 2021
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement 2015-2019
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Contact Person: Dianne Davies
Contact Telephone Number: 07 35503403
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Role Description - Teacher Opens in new window
Statement of Principles - Schools Opens in new window