Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Responsible to: Finance Manager
Contract term: Full Time, All Year Round
Purpose of the post: This is a busy role as a Junior Finance Officer at this vibrant Multi Academy Trust. Please see attached job description for more information.
About Canary Wharf College Trust: We are a Multi Academy Trust based in East London. We have two primary schools and a growing secondary school. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organisation with an innovative and unique educational vision.
The college ethos: To live, share and celebrate the love of learning in a Christian environment whilst welcoming those of other faiths and cultures.
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Finance Officer to join our friendly, hard-working Finance Team. This role will suit a highly motivated and organised individual with a confident and professional manner. You will need to have experience of working in a school. Experience of working in a school and knowledge of PSF would be an advantage. Experience of SIMs and SchoolComms would be desirable.
Within this role you will be responsible for:
• Supporting the Finance Assistant on a day-to-day basis
• Assisting the Finance Manager with all aspects of the development and effective operation of the finance function of the Trust
• Assisting the Finance Manager with operating and monitoring all trust accounts and budgets, ensuring the safe receipt and handling of cash and the reconciliation of transactions
• Assisting the Chief Finance Officer with all aspects of payroll and pension administration including monthly and annual returns
• Assisting the Chief Finance Officer with duties relating to clerking of the Governing Board
• Co-ordinating and completing administrative routines relating to orders, invoices, cheques, income, payroll and the receipt and distribution of goods and services
For more information, please see attached job description.
To apply for this role please complete the online TES application form including your full work experience and education information. Please note we do not accept CV’s for this role.
Interviews are to be scheduled week commencing 13th December.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful candidates will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and references.
Canary Wharf College Crossharbour is situated in the heart of the docklands, on the door step of one of the UK’s main financial districts. We are a brand new mixed, 11-18 school that opened in September 2016. The school currently has Y...