About the role
We are looking for a junior full stack developer to join the IT department of a 21st century school which is passionate about integrating technology into education and doing something great with it.
Our aim is for children to produce beautiful work and that makes a difference to the world. To achieve this aim, we have launched and are developing new ways that technology can be used to enhance learning. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to carry on and build upon the coding and web development projects that are currently in use.
To report to the Network Manager for full stack development projects including developing for mobile platforms.
To support and provide first line IT support with hardware and software issues within the school.
You will be working in a small team which means you will be given a large amount of responsibility from day one and need to be the sort of person who loves taking ownership of projects that impact hundreds of young people and teachers.
- Maintain existing solutions for internal IT systems in order to deliver efficient processes for staff and students
- Required to see out a project from conception to final product, requiring good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Designing, coding and modifying web apps, from layout to function and according to the specifications.
- Integrating data from various back end services and databases.
- Develop functional and fast-responsive web applications
- Develop maintainable code
- Improve apps for maximum speed
- Elaborate mobile-based and web based features
- Deliver first line IT support to students and staff across the school site
- Staying abreast of developments in applications and programming languages
Qualifications & experience
- Educated to A-Level or Level 3 web development
- At least 1 year of experience working with C# .NET
For more information see: www.school21.org.uk or e-mail Anne Shaker at email@example.com or call 020 8262 2121
To apply: Please visit the careers pages at www.school21.org.uk and complete an online application form
Apply by: 9am, Friday, 24th May
Contract type: Permanent, full-time, subject to an Enhanced DBS Check
School 21 is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding children.