The growth of the Dulwich family of schools into Myanmar represents a unique opportunity for teachers to be involved in the development of a newly built and resourced school in the heart of one of Asia’s most fascinating cities. In partnership with Dulwich College and its nine sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia. In 2018, Dulwich College International students achieved an IB average of 36.8 and A*/A average of 67% in the IGCSEs.
The College currently operates across two campuses at the Star City and the Pun Hlaing sites.
Applications are invited from practitioners who are passionate about implementing a Junior School (Key Stage 2) curriculum and extra-curricular programme in a vibrant learning environment. They should:
- Promote an innovative and creative approach to learning, with a solid understanding of the benefits of an integrated curriculum
- Nurture a child-centered approach to learning and ensure high levels of student agency within the classroom setting
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish good working relationships
- Understand the benefits of formative assessment
- Be actively aware of the latest developments in primary education
At least 2 years teaching experience is required in the UK or overseas, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-wining Star City and Pun Hlaing residential complexes. Teachers will receive an attractive salary and a fully competitive overseas benefits package, including:
- annual flight allowance, accommodation
- freight allowance
- comprehensive medical insurance
- free tuition for up to two children at the school
- outstanding levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
This is an excellent opportunity to make a difference in a newly established school. Dulwich College Yangon is also committed to using its position to actively engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
The closing date for the post is 22nd February.
Your application should include a brief cover letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place online via skype, or in Yangon.
To apply for this job click on the 'Apply on school website' button below and follow the 'job openings' link on the Careers tab.
For further information please see our websites at www.indulwich.com and www.dulwich-yangon.com.mm.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.