Inspired learning. Empowering young women of integrity. We are seeking an enthusiastic, talented French teaching professional to join our dynamic Junior School faculty.
As the French Teacher you will teach French across Prep - Year 6 and will plan, deliver and develop high quality learning opportunities in French studies for students to help them achieve learning goals, in accordance with the School’s mission, values and ethos. Preference will be given to suitable applicants with qualifications and experience in successfully teaching French in addition to an understanding of Junior School pedagogy.
The position is a permanent full-time role commencing in Term 1, 2020.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Applying knowledge of content/discipline through the implementation of effective teaching activities and programs relevant to the curriculum stage.
- Applying a theoretical and practical understanding of different approaches to learning to enhance student outcomes.
- Using a variety of appropriate strategies and resources, including ICT, to make content meaningful to all students.
- Providing timely, effective and consistent oral and written feedback to students to encourage them to reflect on and monitor their learning.
- Using a range of assessment tools and documentation to provide information about students and to inform teaching plans and activities.
- Understanding and using database systems to maintain records and track student learning.
- Using student assessment results to evaluate teaching and learning programs and inform further planning.
- Managing student behaviour by engaging students in purposeful and worthwhile learning activities.
- Establishing safe and supportive learning environments.
- Reporting semesterly for students in Kindergarten to Year 6.
- Attending Parent Teacher Interviews in Term 1 and Term 3.
- Attending Parent Teacher information evenings.
- Participating in school programs, such as a Junior School camp.
We are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about the teaching of French;
- possesses teaching qualifications and is an effective classroom teacher with an excellent understanding of the curriculum and pedagogy;
- has a natural rapport with staff and girls;
- has the ability to engage students and inspire them to obtain the best results;
- is knowledgeable about the effective use of ICT in the classroom in order to improve student learning outcomes;
- is confident in differentiating the curriculum in the classroom;
- will support the co-curricular and pastoral care programs at the school;
- will actively support the ethos of this Anglican Independent School; and
- has a commitment to ongoing professional learning.
Any applicant will be required to supply a current Working with Children Check Number or Application Number.
Please note that only candidates successful in progressing to the interview stage will be contacted.
Applications should include the names of at least two referees and curriculum vitae.
794 New South Head Road
ROSE BAY NSW 2029
Telephone 9388 6853
Applications close: 18 November 2019