Part-time (0.6), Ongoing, Effective Term 1 2020
With a legacy of over 142 years of achievement, Tintern Grammar is one of Melbourne’s most respected schools, with students from our Early Learning Centre to Year 12. At Tintern, we are committed to providing a workplace which encourages professional growth and opportunities for all staff.
We have an exciting opportunity at Tintern Grammar for an innovative and passionate teacher to lead the Junior School Music program as a Music Coordinator. The successful applicant will have extensive experience in music education in schools, demonstrated leadership and motivational abilities and exceptional organisational skills. The role is extremely rewarding and the successful applicant will work as part of a dynamic music team.
This is a part-time, ongoing position commencing Semester 1, 2020.
About the Role
As a key member of our Junior School and an integral part of the Music Department, you will be able to deliver a vibrant curriculum to your students and possess a strong knowledge of content and pedagogy in these areas. You will co-ordinate the Music Program and be using teaching strategies that cater to the needs of a diverse student group and a willingness to differentiate curriculum to the needs of the students. You will bring your passion for Music to the school and above all, have a willingness to engage, connect and care for our students.
As a Junior School Music Coordinator, you will demonstrate the ability to:
- Teach classroom music programs for boys and girls
- Oversee Junior School Orchestra and Ensemble programs
- Prepare students for solo Assembly performances
- Accompany students, and perform on piano at Assembly (high-level piano skills required)
- Co-ordinate concerts and events in the Junior School
- Work collaboratively with the Performing Arts and Choral Coordinator to promote the Arts at Tintern Grammar
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching and experience in teaching Music
You will also demonstrate:
- Care and connectedness with students
- Current VIT registration
- Experience teaching Junior School Music
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate your students
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- An ability to encourage students to take risks within a structured school environment, to make individual choices and to use new experiences as learning opportunities
- A desire to work collaboratively with other teachers and actively engage in the broader life of the School
Candidates who apply must have:
- Strong Junior School Classroom teaching experience
- Be flexible as days of work include Friday
To view the position description please visit: www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment
Applications for this position should include a current curriculum vitae and names of three referees.
To apply please visit www.tintern.vic.edu.au/employment. Applications must be received b y Monday 16 September 2019, 4pm.
Only people with the right to work in this country may apply for this position.
Tintern Grammar is a child safe school.