Junior School Vice Principal
(with a focus on either Grades 1-3 or Grades 4-5)
Mulgrave is one of Canada’s leading independent co-educational pre-K–12 day schools, serving the north shore of Vancouver. We are an established IB Continuum World School with a reputation for excellence and innovation. We are looking for an inspirational and experienced leader for the position of Junior School Vice Principal to start in August 2019. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The Vice Principal is a non-class based, core member of the Junior School Leadership Team, working closely with the Junior School Principal and another Vice Principal. The Vice Principals assume primary responsibility for the academic and pastoral programmes for their respective PYP grade levels (Grades 1-3 or 4-5).
The key aspects of the role involve:
- Promoting excellence in teaching and learning, including staff support and development
- Co-coordinating the IB Primary Years Programme, with a particular focus on the development, implementation, and review of programmes of inquiry
- Overseeing student life and pastoral care, including co-curricular enrichment, community building and parent relations
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be a Canadian resident and legally entitled to work in Canada or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement
- Must meet or be willing to obtain all requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Education
- Minimum of 10 years of teaching experience at the Junior/Elementary level
- Successful experience in a leadership role within a school setting
- Recent experience in a PYP school
- Expertise in inquiry-based teaching and learning
- Thorough understanding of the cognitive and social development of 5 - 11 year old children
This position comes with an attractive compensation package including an annual salary range of $95,000 to $115,000, based on skills and experience; BC Medical coverage; extended health & dental benefits; tuition discount allowance and RRSP contribution. Applicants should either be Canadian or be prepared, with our support, to go through the process of applying for the appropriate visa and permissions from the Canadian and BC authorities prior to commencement.
Please see our website for further information about our school and a detailed job description at www.mulgrave.com.
Your resume and covering letter should be submitted no later than March 31, 2019 to https://mulgrave.bamboohr.co.uk/jobs/
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9