Reports to: Head of Prep and Preschool
Mount Kelly School Hong Kong provides a new and exciting opportunity for parents in Hong Kong. Mount Kelly School Hong Kong will provide an excellent foundation for learning that will develop pupils to become independent, well grounded, confident and ready to face the challenges ahead. Mount Kelly School Hong Kong will promote educational excellence and tradition through a forward-thinking, all-round curriculum within which the needs of individual pupils are fostered.
Mount Kelly School Hong Kong opened in September 2017 as Hong Kong’s first British Preparatory School for boys and girls aged 5-14. We are proud of our strong links with Mount Kelly School, a leading independent school in England and we share in their tradition of excellence and the core values that they embody. The ethos of the school is one of excellence within a supportive and family orientated environment. Mount Kelly provides academic success together with broad opportunities in music, art, drama, and sport provide an all-round education.
We are fortunate to have been able to draw on their educational expertise and utilise these in a new exciting school, incorporating the very best of British independent education. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will, as far as possible, adopt the values, ethos and learning opportunities offered to the pupils in the UK school. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will closely follow the policies and schemes of work, that Mount Kelly UK currently use. Mount Kelly Hong Kong will endeavour to offer a very similar education to its sister school, but within a Hong Kong setting.
The curriculum of our school will follow closely the English National Curriculum and school environment, using the National Curriculum as a framework but facilitated within the context of Hong Kong and our International cohort of pupils.
We are committed to providing very strong academic standards, combined with an outstanding range of co-curricular activities and superb pastoral care. We firmly believe in offering children every opportunity to benefit from a genuinely well-rounded education. Each child will be encouraged to fulfil his or her own potential in both curricular and co-curricular activities. In order to do this, Mount Kelly School Hong Kong will run an extended day, incorporating sport and co-curricular activities to meet these aims
Enthusiastic and dynamic teachers are required to join an outstanding teaching team at Mount Kelly School Hong Kong. This is an exciting opportunity and offers many benefits for teachers who are keen to seek a new adventure and broaden their career prospects.
A highly attractive package will be offered to the successful candidates, including a competitive salary, housing allowance, annual leave, flights, and medical insurance. We are interested in teachers with experience in either Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 and also NQTs. To be considered for these posts you must hold a B.Ed or degree and PGCE or equivalent. Applications from 2017 graduates are welcome.
Teaching and learning responsibilities.
- Provide high quality teaching to all pupils with a variety of approaches to stimulate interest in the subject matter and enable learning, whilst having appropriate regard to the differentiation and inclusivity needs of all pupils. Produce and make available appropriate schemes of work. Ensure that assessment forms part of the initial planning of work.
- To apply different approaches to structured learning opportunities in line with the priorities for development within the School.
- Actively engage in curriculum development in line with the School’s aims and objectives alongside subject specialism requirements.
- Ensure that teaching areas provide tidy, well-organised and stimulating environments for learning.
- Carry out regular, appropriate assessments of pupils’ attainment and progress. Communicate the assessment results to all groups that need to know, as agreed by the School.
- Attend teacher meetings as required by the Head Master and whenever other commitments allow.
- To participate in Parent Meetings as outlined in the academic calendar and pertinent to his/her subject specialism, whenever other teaching commitments allow.
- Implement the School Assessment, Recording and Reporting Policy to include delivery, feedback, tracking and target setting in order to promote pupil progression, achievement and retention.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with other subject specialist staff in the School to ensure consistency and efficiency in the implementation of the School Teaching and Learning Policy.
- Make teaching and learning documentation available for internal and external inspection.
- Manage departmental resources within allocated spending limits and within the guidelines of the School’s purchase order system.
- Be prepared to take an active part in the Mount Kelly Life and be available to take part in some Shackleton weekend activities and trips overseas.
- Act as a positive role model to pupils.
- Administer and implement the School reward and sanctions system.
- Liaise with and report to the Deputy (Pastoral) on issues pertaining to the well-being of all pupils.
- Promote and encourage exemplary social skills within peer, public and friendship groups.
- Be the first line of implementation of the School Code and Anti-Bullying Policy, responding appropriately to incidents of unacceptable behaviour.
Health and Safety
- Maintain a safe and positive teaching and learning environment. Complete relevant paperwork as directed.
- Teachers are required to take reasonable care for his/her own health and safety and abide by the School’s Health & Safety policy.
- Safeguard the well-being of the pupils in his/her charge.
- Encourage pupils to value themselves and others in the quality and nature of their learning.
- Set an example to all pupils by showing a personal attitude of co-operation, consideration and positive relationships with all members of the School.
- Meet with parents as required by the day to day educational, social and welfare needs of his/her pupils.
- Be familiar with the contents of all School Policies, especially Child Protection issues.
- Participate in the School’s Appraisal system as per the Staff Development Policy.
- Attend internal and external training courses and INSET as directed by the Senior Management Team, whenever other teaching commitments allow. Provide feedback to colleagues on courses attended.
If you are interested in the exciting prospects of working at Mount Kelly School Hong Kong, please contact us in confidence by sending your CV with photograph and Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. For regular updates and information about when we will be advertising in major educational publications, please check our website and social media.
MKSHK is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening background checks as part of their pre-employment enquiries.