We are looking for a newly or recently qualified teacher to join our team. You will teach our Key Stage 1 class which is mixed Year 1 and Year 2 children.
We are looking for someone who can join us on our journey of development from Good to Outstanding.
You will be:
• Inspirational and dedicated to our school mission to ‘inspire everyone to shine’
• Passionate about nurturing and developing the ‘whole child’
• Knowledgeable of the National Curriculum and Key Stage 1 expected outcomes
• An excellent teacher of phonics
• Willing and able to go the extra mile to build relationships with children, parents and staff
• Ambitious for the children in your class, setting and planning learning with high expectations for excellent outcomes
• Motivated to use your initiative and help us continue on our journey from Good to Outstanding
• Committed to supporting our Church school ethos and values
• Able to offer subject leadership (please give details in your application)
• Fantastic and happy children who love to learn
• Supportive parents who work with us in close partnership
• Committed staff and an excellent ethos of teamwork
• Established and strong focus on outdoor learning, forest school, The Arts and Thrive
• Excellent Early Years facilities which allow for rich indoor and outdoor learning experiences
• Strong leadership with a passion for improving outcomes for the school through embedding excellent teaching and learning in
• phonics (we use Letters and Sounds),
• writing (we use The Write Stuff and Fantastic Foundations)
• mathematics (we use Write Rose)
• A creative, engaging and exciting wider curriculum driven by our values of Creativity and Wonder, Respect, Joy, Empathy and Aspiration
• A commitment to professional development and a desire to support our staff to be their very best
Shoscombe Church School is a small rural primary school nestled in the beautiful village of Shoscombe, near Bath. Our school is popular with local families and last year was oversubscribed. We belong to the Midsomer Norton Schools Partnership. We currently have 108 children on roll.
Shoscombe church School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2020).
If you would like to talk more about this opportunity or discuss the possibility of looking around the school, please call the school on 01761 432479 or email the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews: Wednesday 10th March, all day
Shoscombe CofE Primary School
Bath and North East Somerset
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years