The British School of Lisbon (BSL) is the first-choice school for expatriate families seeking an outstanding Early Years and Primary Education in the downtown area of Lisbon. Located in Cais do Sodré, BSL is a truly British international school. With a committed and inspirational team of teaching professionals at its heart, BSL is relentless in its pursuit for excellence. Added to this, a supportive community feel and a school in walking distance of the best of what a capital city has to offer, make working at BSL a unique opportunity.
Class Teacher: (Key Stage 1)
The British School of Lisbon is looking to appoint an exceptional teacher to join our talented team. Reporting to the Headteacher, you will become part of a highly dedicated team. We welcome applications from outstanding, self-motivated and reflective professionals. We’re looking for the right blend of energy, enthusiasm and experience, and a passion for teaching and learning that embraces change and innovation as well as ensuring consistency and continuity.
Teachers will be expected to:
• Hold QTS and have experience of delivering the National Curriculum.
• Relentlessly pursue outstanding performance for all students, both personally, socially and academically.
• Collaborate with other teachers to achieve collective accountability.
• Ensure the classroom is a well-organised, efficient and an effective hive of purposeful activity.
• Participate in a culture of professional learning.
• Engage in active communication with parents and other important stakeholders
• Promote our vision through the opportunities we offer, the impact we make, the leadership we demonstrate and the respect everyone deserves.
• Possess a creative and pragmatic approach, collaborating on innovations in teaching and learning and the broader activity of the school.
• Understand how to blend the best of premium British education with contemporary international thinking, helping to create a distinctive positioning for the school.
• Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
• Respect, appreciate and understand a variety of cultures and societies.
• Be prepared to take on an area of curriculum responsibility to support the development of the school.
Applications should be emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain a CV, letter of application and
the details of at least two professional referees - one of which is your
current Headteacher. Due to GDPR, you must ask referees for approval before
submitting your application. Your CV should contain a clear employment history
and details of professional qualifications. Any gaps in employment must also be
explained. Application letters should be no longer than one side of A4.
Due to the high number of applications expected, only long-listed candidates will be contacted with further details of the interview process. Initial interviews will be conducted in person where possible, or via Google Hangouts.
The British School of Lisbon places the highest priority on all matters relating to safeguarding. All offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. Those who have worked internationally must also provide equivalent clear police clearance certificates for each country.
Start date: August 2021
The British School of Lisbon
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 11 years