We have an exciting opening for a Key Stage 1 Teacher. Hamford Primary Academy will provide you with both an excellent community to work in but also an opportunity to live close to the beach to enjoy your evenings and weekends.
Hamford Primary Academy is a vibrant school within the Academies Enterprise Trust Group that is developing a curriculum relevant for the 21st century. Over the last five years the academy has undergone a significant transformation with a learning community grounded in our core framework (vision, mission, values and colleague pledges). In addition we place great emphasis on developing children’s character in order to prepare them for the challenges that lie ahead in both their education and life. As a result, the six Hamford characteristics of be responsible, be curious, be resilient, have integrity, be compassionate and be reflective, are explicitly taught and embedded through the assemblies and learning opportunities provided across the curriculum.
We pride ourselves on challenging teachers to exceed their potential through effective professional development based on self reflection and self directed learning and active research. Central to this is our teaching and learning blog.
The successful candidate will:
- Share our core framework and characteristics outlined above
- Be innovative, passionate and determined when implementing the school curriculum
- Be an excellent practitioner who is determined to engage and challenge the children with whom they work
- Have a passion for learning and high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Be a strong team member who will work in partnership with staff, governors, parents and the wider community
- Be reflective and take responsibility for their own professional development
AET believes that each and every child is inspired to choose a remarkable life. Our mission is to gather and motivate inspirational people committed to delivering an excellent education that launches children into remarkable lives.
Our values are:
- Be unusually brave
- Discover what’s possible
- Push the limits
- Be big-hearted
- A caring academy with a strong ethos of inclusion and providing the best opportunities for our children
- A professional challenge
- The chance to make a significant contribution to the future achievement and success of our academy
- Our commitment to your professional development
- Excellent career prospects across the network, with a culture of looking to promote from within
- Access to CPD to enable you to grow and development in your role
- Something we take very seriously is staff WELLBEING. That’s why we have partnered up with BHSF to provide support and employee benefits, such as a health cash plan scheme to support healthcare, discounted gym membership and a employee assistance programme
- The opportunity to use Google Suite, which allows you to do your best work, all in one suite
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit or have an informal discussion about this role. Please email Kevin Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact by phone on 01255 673415.
Closing date: Friday 24 May 2019.
Start Date: September
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV’s. Find your remarkable, apply today, by clicking the apply now button.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements. Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet .org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/graduates for further details.