Hurtwood House China is seeking to appoint a highly skilled and passionate Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2 Classroom Teacher for their primary school campus in Ningbo. The successful candidates will be joining one of the most exciting educational projects of our time – namely the education of Chinese nationals in a bilingual context.
As it continues to grow, Hurtwood House Ningbo offers tremendous professional opportunities for teachers wishing to be part of one of China's premier school groups; to bring their cutting-edge practices to the most rapidly developing country in the world.
For a further insight into Hurtwood House China, please view our video:
Known locally as Ningbo HD Bilingual School, Hurtwood House Ningbo is affiliated with Hurtwood House UK, in Surrey. The School’s mission is to nurture global Chinese citizens, who develop an appreciation for the international context, whilst ensuring they hold onto their cultural heritage. Hurtwood House Ningbo believes that education creates character and focus on personal development and progress in equal measure to academics.
The School benefits from exceptional facilities on our campus including:
• A bilingual library
• Specialist teaching classrooms such as art studios and science laboratories
• A multi-functional theatre
• Excellent indoor sports areas for tennis, football and basketball
The successful candidate will have:
• A subject relevant degree from an established university (required)
• PGCE/QTS or equivalent (required)
• 2 or more years of full time, school based, teaching experience (required)
• Excellent working knowledge of the primary curriculum
• High levels of primary school pedagogical knowledge and know-how (required)
• Experience of working with children who have English as an additional language (required)
• Experience of working in the independent sector (desirable)
• A competitive salary scale based on experience and qualifications
• Comprehensive medical cover for teacher, spouse and dependents
• Annual flights for teacher, spouse and dependents
• Housing allowance
• Relocation allowance
• Full remission for tuition fees of staff children in accordance with HD schools’ policies
How to Apply
For further information about HD Ningbo and this role, please download the candidate information pack and accompanying job specification. To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter via email firstname.lastname@example.org or through the TES application portal . Covering letters must be no longer than one side of A4 and should set out your interest in this position, how you meet the requirement and your ambitions.
First round interviews will take place on a rolling basis and early application is therefore advised. Shortlisted candidates will be notified, and interviews arranged accordingly. Hurtwood House China reserves the right to appoint before the closing date.
Please contact Monika Fryzicka on email@example.com should you have any questions or wish to arrange an informal discussion about this role.
Safeguarding and Data Protection
HD Ningbo is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to respect this commitment. The post is subject to an appropriate criminal background check and satisfactory reference checks. By applying to this post, I agree to my data being held and processed by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates. If I am appointed to the post I also agree to additional information, including sensitive data such as bank details and medical information, being held by Hurtwood House China and its affiliates.
HD Ningbo School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years
Following its high-profile launch in 2014, HD Ningbo School has quickly become the City’s leading bilingual school. Set on a first-class campus in the Yinzhou district of Ningbo, the School offers a genuinely outstanding bilingual education that ble...