One of our brand new state-of-the-art campuses, Al Hamra British School, is looking for a class teacher (Key Stages 1 or 2). Student numbers will double next year and we need a good-humoured colleague, able to engage, motivate and support our children, staff and parents, to start in August 2019.
Situated on the southern edge of Ras Al Khaimah, the Northern-most Emirate of the UAE, 1 hour from Dubai International Airport, the school caters to a wide range of expat and local families, with 45 different nationalities attending, many of whom live nearby in Al Hamra Village. Close to all the facilities and amenities of Al Hamra itself, the school is close to the beach, top class hotels and quality shopping outlets and offers a positive professional and living environment.
Nestled between the Hajar mountains and the clear blue waters of the Arabian Gulf, you will be a member of the Ras Al Khaimah Academy Family of Schools, providing UK and/or IB education to almost 4000 students, from 88 nationalities, across its five schools; each with its own unique character.
The successful candidate must:
• Hold a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE/GTP), with QTS
• Have a proven track record of excellent classroom and pedagogical practice
• Have a good ability to use IT to support teaching and learning
• Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of the staffing community
• Most importantly of all, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
The school offers a competitive, tax-free international salary and benefits package, comparable to other international schools in the region.
To apply for this position please submit your TES standard application form via the “Apply” button below. Alternatively, any queries will be answered at firstname.lastname@example.org