Who are we?
The Robert Fitzroy Academy is a primary school in Croydon situated in the heart of the local community. Our fundamental belief is that the whole child is the whole point.
It is our goal to create a school where children can achieve academically but also flourish as citizens of the world.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a truly excellent teacher- with well-developed pedagogy, a creative mind and an aspiration to join us on an immensely satisfying journey.
We wish to appoint an Upper Key Stage 2 teacher who will:
· Make learning irresistible, effective and inclusive;
· Embrace and develop the reflective pedagogy necessary to implement consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning ensuring all pupils make good progress;
· Be committed to on-going professional development;
· Be confident in using technology in the classroom
· Contribute to the wider life of the school;
· Contribute to a dynamic and inspiring school environment;
What can we offer you?
· An active school community with supportive parents;
· An award winning learning environment;
· Excellent professional development opportunities including a tremendous opportunity to be part of a Visible Learning (John Hattie) project which will be a pioneering piece of research in the UK
· A supportive working culture that focuses on positive learning behaviour and high expectations for all children;
· The chance to work with a supportive family of schools (REAch2 trust) who share the same passion for primary education.
· A senior leadership team that believes in distributive leadership and says 'yes' to good ideas;
Find out more
Our website www.robertfitzroyacademy.com is full of information about our school. We also have a very lively social media culture at the school which we would expect you to contribute to if you join us. You can see all our social media in one place on the Latest News tab on our website.
Want to come and see us?
Potential candidates are strongly encouraged to meet the Head teacher, Michelle Rosemond, for an informal discussion about the position available. We would love to meet you.
Please contact the school office – t: 0208 662 9700 e:firstname.lastname@example.org - to make an appointment to arrange a visit.
We also have an Open Morning
On Saturday 3rd March the school will be open for you to come and take a look around. The head teacher will be on hand to answer any questions. The Open Morning starts at 10am. Please email email@example.com to book an appointment
Closing date for applications: 12pm Mid-day 15th March
Shortlisting: 16th March
Interviews to be held: 21st March
RFA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS disclosure check is required for this post.