Main purpose of the post:
To provide strong leadership for the exceptional provision and outcomes at One Degree Academy
To uphold One Degree Academy’s STRIVE values:
S - Scholarship: Post holder will have a commitment to the idea that all young people, regardless of starting point, need or complexity can make outstanding progress, achieve 4 good A-levels, and gain a place at a Russell Group University.
T - Teamwork: Post holder will be committed to working with others to overcome difficulties. They will embody the idea that when one of us succeeds, we all do.
R - Responsibility: Post holder will be committed to instilling a sense of social responsibility in students and staff: we ‘give back’ to our immediate, local, national and global communities.
I - Integrity: Post holder will be committed to openness and honesty with the One Degree community in all aspects of their work and will encourage the same in others. They will be passionate about instilling these values in our students and staff.
V - Value: Post holder will work hard to promote the idea that our actions should add value to the world. They will work tirelessly to help students add their voices to the conversation of humankind. Post holder will see all students as valuable, regardless of complexity, need or starting point.
E - Effort: Post holder will be determined, hardworking and relentless in achieving the vision and instilling the values in our school. They will promote the idea that achievement comes step by step.
Strategic direction and development of the school
• To keep up to date with current pedagogy in teaching and learning and in school improvement, and to cascade this to staff.
• To contribute to the setting of highly ambitious targets for pupils and staff, and to be accountable in their delivery.
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
• To teach engaging and effective lessons that motivate, inspire and transform pupil attainment.
• With direction from curriculum leaders in the school, assist in the creation and development of challenging and innovative schemes of work which are inspiring for learners and teachers alike.
• Use regular, measurable and significant assessments to monitor progress and set targets.
• Respond accordingly to the results of such monitoring.
• Ensure that all students achieve at chronological age level or, if well below level, make significant and continuing progress towards achieving at level.
• Maintain regular and productive communication with parents, to report on progress, sanctions and rewards and all other communications.
• To develop an exciting and motivating extra-curricular and enrichment offer including university links and trips.
• To help promote and safeguard the welfare of all students.
• To promote self-discipline, high standards of behaviour and positive attitudes on the part of all students and to implement policies and procedures to foster them.
• To ensure that a high standard of care and good order for all students is maintained through the development and implementation of behaviour systems.
Communication and Community Links
• To fully support the life and work of the school.
• To develop and maintain positive and effective professional relationships with colleagues, parents, the local community and Governors.
• To ensure that parents and pupils are well informed about the curriculum, attainment and progress and are able to understand and contribute to targets for improvement.
• Undertake and when required, deliver or be part of the appraisal system and relevant training and professional development.
• Undertake other various responsibilities as directed by the Principal.
• Plan and lead after school clubs on a regular basis.
• Support the school’s values and ethos by contributing to the development and implementation of policies, practices and procedures.
• Help to create a strong school community, characterised by consistent, orderly behaviour and caring, respectful relationships.
• Help to develop a school culture and ethos that is utterly committed to achievement.
• To be active in issues of student welfare and support.
• Support and work in collaboration with colleagues and other professionals in and beyond the school, covering lessons and providing other support, as required.
This document provides an outline of the responsibilities that this role involves. However, the post-holder must be available to perform such duties at such times and such places as may be specified by the Principal and which may be reasonably requested as being commensurate with the role and duties undertaken.
If you would like to apply for the post then an application pack can be downloaded directly from our website.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for the receipt of completed applications is Monday 20th May 2019 at 12:00pm
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th May 2019
Early Applications encouraged – We will process all applications on a rolling basis.
We love welcoming visitors to One Degree Academy. If you would like to arrange a visit to the Academy or should you wish to obtain further information regarding the Academy or the advertised post, please e-mail the Principal, Aidan Sadgrove at email@example.com