Applications are invited for the full-time post of Key Stage 1 Teacher (Maternity Cover), to join a selective, highly over-subscribed, 4-11 independent school in Kingston-upon-Thames.
The school has a warm and caring atmosphere where pupils can flourish; we put great emphasis on the personal development of each individual. The school is also strong in academic achievement; we expect good results from our students in all subjects and have students of above average ability who are highly motivated and achieve excellent outcomes.
- To teach all subjects as required to a class of pupils, undertaking all of the duties expected of a class teacher
- To provide inspiring educational opportunities for all pupils
- To teach any required subjects to other groups and classes, as reasonably required
- To maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of the Key Stage 1 Curriculum and assessment procedures
- To be committed to academic excellence and develop and implement programmes of study to ensure that each pupil develops at a good pace through differentiated planning and teaching
- To use a range of ICT equipment and software appropriate to the year group
- To provide a stimulating learning environment through display, that is routinely maintained
- To maintain full and informative records efficiently
- To document planning for the short, medium and long term
- To support colleagues as necessary and to work cooperatively part of a team, attending all meetings and INSET
- To undertake duties before, during and after school as required
- To participate in co-curricular school activities including clubs and residential field trips
The successful candidate will be likely to fit the following profile:
- Good Honours degree, QTS
- Evidence of further relevant professional development
- The ability to inspire, motivate and support pupils and colleagues
- Excellent organizational, administrative and ICT skills
- A good up-to-date knowledge of the Key Stage 1 Curriculum or EYFS Curriculum
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of teaching the National Curriculum
- A proven track record of delivering on academic performance both in terms of attainment and progress
- Evidence of successful, inspiring and innovative teaching at all levels
- Experience of collaborating with colleagues
Please apply online by clicking on the following:
Closing date for Applications: 8:00am, Thursday 19 September 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing: 23 September 2019
Surbiton High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that the School reserves the right to appoint at any stage during the recruitment process.
For any queries relating to the role or your application, please email email@example.com
Where support is better shared
United Learning comprises: UCST (Registered in England No: 2780748. Charity No. 1016538) and ULT (Registered in England No. 4439859. An Exempt Charity). Companies limited by guarantee. VAT number 834 8515 12. Registered address: United Learning, Worldwide House, Thorpe Wood, Peterborough, PE3 6SB.