Wellington Primary Academy opened on a brand new purpose-built site in September 2014. Maximum expected number of pupils of 420 (when fully open) and additional 30 place Nursery. Our ambition for Wellington Primary Academy is the same we have for all schools in the Wellington family: ‘to provide an outstanding education for all its students, regardless of background or ability’.
As an organisation we are committed to providing exceptional continuous professional development in order to effectively support all staff and secure the best learning environment for our students. To this end we ensure that our staff are fully resourced with access to the latest technology. We work closely with Wellington College and provide the opportunity for all our staff to work with this extraordinary and innovative teaching school. We want to work with staff who share this ambition.
Our values are:
- Excellence through rigorous learning of key skills within a rich and broad curriculum
- Holistic learning by developing the whole child
- Innovation in the way we teach and learn
- Collaboration with parents, the Wellington Family of schools, the military community and local primaries
Due to the opening of new classes in September 2017 and the expansion of Wellington Primary Academy, we require teachers who have a passion for learning and teaching and who are able to make an active contribution to the development of our school.
We are looking for a KS1 teacher who is:
- Creative and forward thinking
- Committed to developing children as thinkers and developing a growth mindset
- Able to develop cross-curricular approaches to learning
- Excited and inspired by their work
- Has experience of teaching across the primary age range would be advantageous
- Able to work in partnership with all staff
- Able to offer exciting enrichment and extra-curricular activities through our after-school Golden Eagle programme
We can offer you:
- A brilliant modern building which offers the very best in facilities both to children and adults
- A friendly environment where everyone is valued
- An exciting curriculum
- Supportive colleagues and parents
- Exciting CPD opportunities
All applicants must apply using the Academy’s application form, available with more details from our website at: www.wellingtonprimary.org.uk
Closing date for applications: Midday, Friday 23 June 2017
Interviews to take place shortly after this date.
Wellington Academy Primary is an equal opportunities employer. The campus is a no smoking site.
Wellington Academy Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced Discloure And Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.