The growth of the Dulwich family of schools into Myanmar represents a unique opportunity for teachers to be involved in the development of a newly built and resourced school in the heart of one of Asia’s most fascinating cities. In partnership with Dulwich College and its nine sister schools in Asia, Dulwich College Yangon (DCY) upholds the traditions and outstanding educational standards which have become the hallmark of the Dulwich name in the UK and Asia. The College currently operates across two campuses at the Star City and the Pun Hlaing sites.
Applications are invited from practitioners who are committed to further developing the Key Stage 1 curriculum and co-curricular programme in a vibrant learning environment. At Dulwich College Yangon, Key Stage 1 aims to provide a smooth transition from the Foundation Stage, incorporating elements of continuous provision, opportunities for independent inquiry and allowing for student-led learning where possible. Candidates should be able to demonstrate:-
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to establish good working relationships
- An innovative and creative approach to learning within an integrated curriculum
- A child-centered approach to ensure high levels of student agency within a classroom setting
- A belief in the benefits of formative assessment
- A strong understanding of how the environment can impact student learning
- Experience of how to adapt learning to ensure it is inclusive and accessible for all
- A genuine interest in making a positive and proactive contribution in a rapidly evolving school
At least 2 years teaching experience is required in the UK or overseas, preferably teaching the ENC, regardless of nationality. All applicants should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education, or a first degree plus a post-graduate qualification in education (i.e. PGCE).
In return the successful candidates will be working in outstanding, purpose built facilities equipped with quality resources, set within Yangon’s award-winning Star City or Pun Hlaing residential complexes. Teachers will receive an attractive salary and a fully competitive overseas benefits package, including:-
- annual flight allowance,
- freight allowance
- comprehensive medical insurance
- free tuition for up to two children at the school
- enhanced levels of professional development across the Dulwich College International family of schools.
Dulwich College Yangon is also committed to using its position to actively engage with the local community and help contribute to the development of the country outside of the school.
The closing date for the post is 22nd February.
Your application should include a brief cover letter, a CV and a statement of your educational philosophy.
Interviews will take place online via skype or in Yangon.
To apply for this post click on the 'Apply on school website' button below and follow the 'job opportunities' link via the Careers tab.
For further information please see our websites at www.indulwich.com and www.dulwich-yangon.com.mm.
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.