We require a Teacher of Maths to teach Key Stage 2 at New Horizons Children’s Academy and Key Stage 3 at The Victory Academy. This role will be primarily based at The Victory Academy.
NQTs are encouraged to apply – the Thinking Schools Academy Trust pays a minimum salary of £25,750 to Newly Qualified Teachers.
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is in the top 10 Multi-Academy Trusts for KS4 progress (DfE, 2019) and was nominated for the TES Employer of the Year award in 2018.
The Victory Academy and New Horizons Children’s Academy are growing schools, and we are looking to expand our team. Both schools are rated ‘Good’ in all areas by Ofsted.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a qualified Maths Teacher
- Be able to consistently deliver good or outstanding practice
- Be experienced in planning an appropriate and challenging curriculum
- Have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum developments, particularly those relating to Maths.
- Be an inspiring teacher with real enthusiasm for the subject
- Be able to motivate his/her pupils
- Be committed to high standards for both staff and students
- Be prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the Academy
- Have excellent knowledge/experience of teaching Maths
The Thinking Schools Academy Trust is a successful family of schools that work together to improve the life chances of all its children and young people. It makes fulfilment, personal development and support of its staff a priority. Our Trust currently consists of 16 schools, 11 Primary and 5 Secondary, based across the Portsmouth, Medway & Kent areas.
What you will get from The Thinking Schools Academy Trust:
- Minimum starting salary £25,750 for all NQTs
- NQTs joining our Trust will have access to a robust support network, including professional mentoring and support within the Trust.
- Revised Teacher Payscale to retain and reward excellent teachers
- Outstanding CPD tailored to you, wherever you are in your career
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits
- Access to the New Horizons Teaching Alliance, offering a wide range of robust and innovatory development resources and expertise
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of Holcombe Grammar School
- A 24/7 employee assistance programme which provides counselling and support / advice on a wide array of areas
If you require any further information, please contact our Recruitment team – firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this position, and wish to visit any of our schools for a no-pressure tour, please contact us and we can arrange this.
Early applications are encouraged and we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.