St Louis School in Milan is a private international school which caters for 1,500 children from the ages of 3 to 18. The Early Years, Primary School and Middle School offer a curriculum based on the British National Curriculum. The Middle School ends with the Cambridge Checkpoint examinations in Year 9 leading into the IGCSE and IBDP examinations in the High School. The High School has an exceptional average IB score which has placed St Louis School as the highest scoring school in continental Europe for the last five years running (www.stlouisschool.com). The school is part of the prestigious INSPIRED school network (www.inspirededu.co.uk).
We are currently seeking to appoint an experienced, creative and dynamic Primary School Educator who is qualified and experienced in working with children of the 7 to 11 age range; an educator who will be able to adapt quickly to a new and exciting learning environment, someone with strong empathy skills and who is willing to use relational strategies in a stimulating learning environment with students from different cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
A strong commitment to purposeful learning and teaching, collaborative planning and open communication is essential. We pride ourselves on the commitment offered by our friendly and professional staff. Applicants must be willing to be active, flexible participants in a hard-working team of teachers. Proven experience within an international, bilingual or multilingual contexts would also be useful.
Due to the expansion of the school, we are currently seeking to appoint experienced, creative and dynamic teachers of the highest calibre to join us from September 2021. Potential teachers must possess the following experience, skills and knowledge:
* Bachelor's Degree in Primary Education
* Established experience in teaching the 7-11 age group - No NQTs
* Be an English first language speaker with excellent communication skills
* Demonstrate an ability in engaging with pupils and teaching staff alike maintaining a high standard of work at all times
* Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
* Demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and professionalism at all times
* Have a positive and flexible approach to school life and a well-developed ability to work in teams
* The ability to create a happy, challenging and effective learning environment
* Be a citizen of the EU or already in possession of a valid visa that enables you to work in Italy;
* Hold “Qualified Teacher Status” or an equivalent qualification.
* Have a minimum of two years’ teaching experience
* Knowledge of the National Curriculum is an asset but not essential
Initial interviews will take place by Skype/Zoom. Please note that the interview process may begin earlier than the closing date for applications.
Flights, baggage allowance and support for an apartment search are provided by the school.
Candidates should upload their letter of presentation, Curriculum Vitae and a recent photograph when submitting their application.
Please send your email with the relevant position as your subject line.
Due to difficulties in obtaining visas we are only able to accept applications from people who have a passport or citizenship from an EU country or with a valid work permit that enables you to work in Italy.
St. Louis School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years