Vision for Education is looking to appoint a Key Stage 2 SEND Teaching Assistant (1:1 TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a friendly primary school in Durham. The position will commence from January 2021, working part time, mornings only, with a vision for permanent employment post Easter. Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications.
The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are Level 2 TA qualification and SEND / 1:1 experience would be essential.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team in a primary school you will be providing 1:1 care as well as general support for children, including reading and writing interventions in Key Stage 2 classes. Previous experience support SEND children and delivering Read Write Inc is essential. The hours will be Monday – Friday 8.30am to 12.30pm.
To be considered for the KS2 SEND Teaching Assistant (1:1 TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a school environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Have experience supporting children in primary education.
• Ideally have experience delivering Literacy and Maths interventions.
• Have experience with supporting SEND children and 1:1 support.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a qualified Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle primary team on 0191 267 4555.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.