Job title: Key Stage 2 Special Needs Support Assistant
Pay: Up £75 - £85 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training, or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are: Experience of supporting children with Autism
Contract dates: ASAP or January 2022 – July 2022
Smart Teachers is recruiting for Special Needs support to join a large, reputable Primary school in Waltham Forest. The child in question is on the Autistic spectrum, and needs 1:1 support throughout the school day. The child has been integrated into their class, with hope that with the right support they will remain there and contribute positively. Due to the needs of the child, they can display moments of challenging behaviour. The ideal candidate will possess excellent rapport building skills, patience, and work collaboratively with the class teacher and close family of the child to ensure they are receiving the best provision possible.
A large 4 form-entry state school, easily accessible from stations within the E10/E17 postcode, with St James Street / Walthamstow Queens road being the closest. The school prides itself on its strong connection the local community and continues to build upon this year on year. On site, you will find some unique features such as a school farm, decommissioned double decker buses serving as libraries, green screen media suite, plus lots more!
To be considered for the Key Stage 2 Special Needs Support Assistant position, you will:
• Possess strong communication skills
• Have a background of supporting Primary aged children with Autism
• Possess a ‘can-do’, positive attitude
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Key Stage 2 Special Needs Support Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact Daniel Dunn-Stuart team on 0203 968 7199 and quote job reference SENTA40372
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.