We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, experienced and talented class teacher, initially in Year 6. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join our excellent and committed team here at Ley Hill. There may be opportunities for the right candidate to make accelerated progress to the Senior Leadership Team on the Leadership Scale.
Ley Hill is a one form entry school with 250 pupils including our Nursery provision. We are an inclusive and high-achieving school with strong, shared values. Our pupils are enthusiastic and willing learners.
We are looking for someone who will:
- Provide high quality and inspirational teaching, leading to excellent outcomes for all pupils.
- Take a lead in curriculum development.
- Be committed to an ethos of continual improvement.
- Have excellent organisational skills and be a clear communicator.
- Work collegiately within a dedicated team of professionals.
- Contribute to extra-curricular activities, including residential trips.
- Be fully aware of the implications and expectations of the upper KS2 curriculum.
- Be flexible and proactive.
We can offer:
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and friendly pupils who are willing to learn and strive to reach their full potential.
- A dedicated, hardworking and friendly staff team who are passionate about making learning exciting for our pupils.
- A highly supportive leadership team who are committed to continual improvement.
- Excellent outdoor facilities and space.
- Well-designed classrooms and other teaching spaces.
- Leadership which actively encourages a healthy work-life balance.
Ley Hill is in a semi-rural location 3 miles outside Chesham.
Ley Hill School has a strong commitment to safeguarding of all pupils and staff. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please visit www.leyhillschool.co.uk for further insights into our school and its provision.
Please contact the school office by either telephoning 01494 784205 or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a visit and/or obtain an application pack.
Closing date: 12pm Thursday 19 April 2018.
Interviews: Friday 27 April 2018.