Key Stage 2 Teacher (Permanent)
Required for 1st September 2018
Larks Hill J & I School, Larks Hill, Pontefract, West Yorkshire, WF8 4RJ
Salary: Full-time, MPR/UPR (dependent on experience)
Post Ref: P159
Part of Pontefract Academies Trust, Larks Hill is a friendly, Junior & Infant School where everyone works together to achieve the very best for all the pupils who attend. The school has been consistently rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is keen to make the journey to becoming ‘Outstanding.’
The Trust is seeking to appoint a highly-motivated and inspirational teacher, who is innovative in their approach and has experience in working in Key Stage 2. You will be supported by an established network group of Year 6 practitioners from other schools within Pontefract Academies Trust. This post comes with a full-time teaching commitment.
The school can offer:
- Happy, hard-working and highly committed staff
- Supportive Governors
- Motivated, well-behaved pupils
- A friendly and attractive working environment
- A positive and caring school where everyone matters and through working together everyone achieves.
This post would suit either an experienced teacher who is looking to continue a successful career pathway or a less experienced teacher committed to developing and refining their skills.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic individual who;
· has, or is developing, a record of outstanding classroom practice demonstrating creativity, initiative and excellent organisation;
· is an inspirational teacher with excellent classroom management skills who can ignite a passion for learning in our children;
· is proficient and experienced at preparing and teaching a broad and balanced curriculum offer;
· is able to demonstrate an ability to use assessment data meaningfully to enhance pupil progress and maintain the highest possible standards of achievement and progress;
· is fluent in the use of technology to extend and enrich each pupil’s learning experience;
· has a commitment to ongoing professional development and a positive attitude to innovation and change;
· has a strong academic background and work ethic and has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
The Trust will provide effective support and continued professional development for the successful candidate.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged.
If you would like to arrange a visit or speak to someone about this vacancy please contact either Mrs Rebecca Rowett (Headteacher) or Mrs Rachel Kaye (School Business Manager) on 01977 722845.
To obtain an application form and job specification:
Visit the Trust’s website: www.pontefractacademiestrust.org.uk
Telephone: 01977 707342
Completed Pontefract Academies Trust application forms should be returned either by post to Lisa Dodgson, HR Manager, Pontefract Academies Trust, C/O St Mary’s Community Centre, The Circle, Chequerfield, Pontefract WF8 2AY or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 noon on Friday 27th April 2018.
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing 7th May 2018.
We are an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from everyone. The Pontefract Academies Trust is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this. Any offer of employment will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory DBS Enhanced Disclosure and any satisfactory pre-employment checks. Successful applicants will also be asked to provide criminal conviction information.
In accordance with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, if you are shortlisted for this post you will be required to declare that you are not Disqualified (or Disqualified by Association) from working within this setting.